Last Friday, the the non-partisan and independent Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the agency in charge of running Medicare and Medicaid, issued a report analyzing the effect of Obamacare if passed.
The Heritage Foundation has presented a handy list of its conclusions. These include:
* Obamacare will bend the cost curve up, causeing an additional $289 billion in expenditure
* Millions will lose their existing private coverage
* 18 million Americans will either face jail time or be forced to pay a new tax they will receive no benefit from.
* 8.5 million seniours who currently get such services as coordinated care for chronic conditions, routine eye and hearing examinations, and preventive-care services would lose their existing private coverage.
* More than half the people who gain health insurance will receive it through the welfare program Medicaid.
* Hospitals currently serving Medicare patients might be forced to stop doing so, thus making it much more difficult for seniors to get health care.
* Supply constraints will mean that the 21 million people who are gaining health insurance through Medicaid are going to have a very tough time finding a doctor who will treat them.
Cowgirl Sass & Savvy (revisited)
17 hours ago